Every business needs to navigate the complex world of digital marketing to stand out from the crowd. Amongst many digital marketing strategies, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising is a key player. This marketing model is a game-changing strategy that promotes your business's online visibility. Our team of marketing pros is here to explore the benefits of PPC advertising—from its potential for immediate results to its remarkable capacity for precise audience targeting. Let's explore the marketing strategy that can take your business to the next level.
What are PPC ads?
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising allows businesses to place ads across various online platforms, including search engines, websites in the Google Display network, and social media sites. The name comes from the advertising method's payment model: Businesses only pay a fee when a consumer clicks on their ad. But there's more to this concept than just the name.
PPC advertising is based on a simple principle. It aims to 'buy' visits to your site, as opposed to 'earning' them through organic SEO. While PPC ads aren't the only type of advertising you should be running, they're a great start. They can leapfrog the slow and arduous process of building up organic traffic. PPC ads are especially beneficial for fledgling businesses that want a fast-track ticket to increased visibility.
To get the most visibility online, marketers recommend blending a PPC strategy with SEO. Pairing both strategies together can yield 25% more clicks than using one strategy on its own.
How do PPC ads work?
PPC ads can appear in various online spaces. This includes search engines like Google and Bing, as well as social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn. It can also apply to any website that accepts ads, but search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms of PPC.
In search engine advertising, advertisers bid for ad placement in the sponsored links section of a search engine results page (SERP). This section is the most prominently featured on any SERP, so users’ eyes will be drawn there first.
Search ads are sorted based on relevancy to specific keywords, ad quality, and landing page quality. For example, if you bid on the keyword "organic coffee beans," your ad might show up in the very top spot on the Google results page when someone searches for that term. This means users see your ad first—it is even listed above the top SEO result.
Why should I be running PPC ads?
Reaching your target audience is absolutely critical to your success. If you're still building up your organic traffic, PPC ads could be the key to unlocking your business's potential. The benefits of PPC advertising include:
- Immediate Traffic: While organic SEO is an important aspect of your digital marketing strategy, it can't do the job alone. Organic searches take time to generate results, which is time that you could be making money. PPC ads offer almost immediate traffic to your website. Your ads can generate leads from the moment they go live.
- Targeted Advertising: PPC ads mean you can reach the right people at the right time. You can target ads based on keywords, location, demographics, and even the device used. This precision allows you to spend your budget on the audience most likely to convert. Plus, PPC ads let you gain more visibility in high-intent searches. For example, when someone is searching for “nonstick cookware”, they’re likely closer to a purchase than someone searching for “healthy weeknight dinner recipes”, but both searchers would likely be interested in purchasing cookware at some point in the future.
- Measurable Results: With PPC advertising, you can measure everything from the number of views, clicks, and visits, to the cost per click and total ad spend. This data ensures your marketing efforts are never a shot in the dark.
- Budget Control: PPC gives you complete control over your advertising budget. You can set a maximum daily spend, and every cent of your budget is going toward generating new leads.
- Brand Exposure: Even if users don't click on your ad, having it appear in search results increases brand exposure. The more familiar consumers are with your brand, the more likely they are to purchase from you in the future.
- Competitive Advantage: Your competitors are likely using PPC advertising already. By not taking advantage of PPC, you risk falling behind and missing out on valuable customer engagement opportunities. PPC can also allow you to compete among large, national brands that may overshadow your brand on other advertising channels.
Our PPC Ad Services
Salem Media Group offers comprehensive PPC marketing services that help your campaigns succeed. Our PPC ad services include:
- Keyword Research
- PPC Strategy Development
- Ad Creation & Optimization
- Bid Management
- Performance Reporting & Analysis
- And More!
Get Started on Your PPC Ad Campaign with Salem Media Group Today
If you're ready to get results fast, you need PPC ads. With Salem Media Group, you can devote your valuable resources to a tried-and-true method of lead generation. From keyword research to PPC ad creation to ad management, our digital marketing experts are there for your business every step of the way. Don’t let your competitors push your business to the bottom of customer search results—get noticed with expertly crafted PPC ads. Contact Salem Media Group today to get started!